Here are some recent publications offered by Puritan Publications:
1) The Puritans on Exclusive Psalmody – Edited by C. Matthew McMahon
2) Singing of Psalms a Gospel Ordinance – by John Cotton (1585-1662)
3) Singing of Psalms the Duty of Christians – by Thomas Ford (1598–1674)
4) Gospel Music: or the Singing of David’s Psalms by Nathaniel Holmes (or Homes) D.D. (1599–1678)
5) A Gospel-Ordinance Concerning the Singing of Scripture Psalms, Hymns and Spiritual Songs – by Cuthbert Sydenham (1622–1654)
6) Gospel Worship, or, The Right Manner of Sanctifying the name of God in General, in Hearing the Word, Receiving the Lord’s Supper, and Prayer by Jeremiah Burroughs (1599-1646)
7) A Christian’s True Spiritual Worship to Jesus Christ – by Stephen Charnock (1628-1680), including Charnock’s view of Christ in the Psalms by Matthew McMahon. Annexed to Charnock’s work is Jonathan Clapham’s treatise on psalmody.
They can all be found here: http://www.puritanpublications.com/store/products/category/worship/
Later this month, 3 more books on worship will be released.
1) John Owen’s The Glory of Evangelical Worship, with a paper on Owen’s view of Psalm Singing by Matthew McMahon. Annexed is Edward Hutchins’ “masterpiece” on exclusive psalmody called, Scripture Proof for Singing Hymns and Spiritual Songs. Clapham and Hutchins have never previously been published by anyone and not available anywhere on the net.
2) John Wilson’s The Simplicity of New Testament Worship, which he references psalmody.
3) A compilation of works by Samuel Willard, Jonathan Dickinson, Joshua Moodey, Nathan Stone and Jonathan Edwards called Vain Imaginations in the Worship of God.
New Articles at APM: www.apuritansmind.com
Our New Reformed and Puritan Books are available at Puritan Publications!
A series on WORSHIP – New Releases:
New Books on Worship COMING SOON: